CPAP & BILEVEL
What items require a prescription to purchase?
- All complete masks with headgear
- Some heated tubing
- Some standard tubing
- Some frame systems (complete mask without headgear)
- AS10 HumidAir water chambers
- All CPAP & BiLEVEL devices
How often can I get new supplies through my insurance?
You can get new supplies each month, every 3 months, or every 6 months depending upon the supply/supplies and the last time your insurance was billed for the supply/supplies. Here is the schedule:
- Disposable filters – up to 2 per month
- Non-disposable filters – 1 every 6 months
- Replacement full face cushion – up to 1 every month
- Replacement nasal cushion – up to 2 every month
- Replacement nasal pillow – up to 2 every month
- Replacement mask without headgear – 1 every 3 months
- Replacement headgear – 1 every 6 months
- Replacement tubing (standard & heated) – 1 every 3 months
- Replacement water chamber – 1 every 6 months
- Replacement chin strap – 1 every 6 months
- Replacement device – Variable with documentation (Medicare is every 5 years)
If you have a deductible or a copay, you will be responsible for a portion or all of the cost of getting supplies based on your particular insurance plan. You do not have to get every item when you are eligible. The schedule above is used to illustrate how often you can get supplies through your insurance. Allied MedCor Services, Inc. is not contracted with every insurance. Please contact us to find out if we are able to bill your insurance.
How long is a prescription good for?
Prescriptions are good for 1 year from the date they are written. It is up to the patient to get a new prescription from his/her physician/nurse practitioner each year.
How long is a sleep study good for?
Sleep studies are good for 7 years. If you are initiating the process of obtaining a new CPAP/BiLEVEL device, insurance will require you to get another sleep study if it has been beyond the seven-year time frame since your last sleep study. Some insurances may require you to get a new sleep study when switching providers, regardless if your sleep study is current.
Can I return/exchange my CPAP/BiLEVEL supplies after purchase?
Unfortunately we do not take returns or offer exchanges on ANY CPAP/BiLEVEL masks, supplies, or devices. Please make sure you know your size prior to purchasing any mask or mask supply.
Do I have to have a sleep study to purchase a CPAP/BiLEVEL device out-of-pocket?
No. All we are required to have is a prescription from a physician/nurse practitioner with the settings. You may obtain our prescription form from our “Resources” section on this page to print out to take with you for your physician/nurse practitioner to fill out.
Do you offer SD card download services?
Yes, by appointment only. Our Respiratory Therapist is able to download data readouts for Respironics System One/DreamStation, and ResMed S9 Series/AirSense 10. The fee for this service is $10. If you obtained your device from Allied MedCor Services, Inc. there is no charge for this service.